Friday, July 6, 2007

Stadium of Fire

I attended the Stadium of Fire on Wed the 4th. It was the best one I have ever been to. I am going to post some of the pictures I took. I don't have the best camera nor am I the best photographer, but some of them turned out pretty good. I might be biased, but the Marine on the far left of the color guard is the most handsome one there. Doesn't he just look great in his dress blues? Sewing his insignia on was not the most fun, but it is worth it to see him in his uniform. And I can hardly wait to see his brother in his blues in Sept.


Color Guard


The flag being flown in


Handsom Color Guard (again)


Corbin Blue


Brooks and Dunn
Who were amazing, but then I like Brooks and Dunn


Now for some fireworks










These looked like they were spraying liquid gold



Ok, I was having a hard time getting a good picture of this Iwo Jima re-enactment/tribute. My son was supposed to be part of this, but one of the men wanted to trade this for color guard. My son later said he was glad he traded because these men had to stand perfectly still for 20 minutes.



Just so you can see the platform they were standing on










1 comment:

Karlene said...

Those fireworks pics turned out great!

The 4th here in Lexington had fireworks provided by Mother Nature--a loud thunderstorm. There were a few pops and bangs from some die-hards, but most of it got rained out.