School starts tomorrow for the 7th graders. This is so they can make their way around the school opening their lockers and finding class rooms with out the harrassment of 8th and 9th graders. But that also means school starts tomorrow for me as well. I am feeling kinda grumpy about that because it means no more sleeping in and I have to actually go to work and can't just do nothing if I feel like it. It also means this summer went way too fast and I didn't get even a fraction of what I wanted to do, done. So amidst all of this feeling sorry for myself, I decided I should do a grateful blog to remind me to be grateful for what I do have and can do.
1. I have a job to go to in the morning that results in a paycheck.
2. I have a house that I can be perpetually cleaning up or mucking out.
3. I have a yard and plenty of flowerbeds to weed instead of nothing or a dirt patch.
4. I have cars that run and gas in them all.
5. I have food to cook and plenty of it.
6. I have clothes to wear and plenty to spare.(did I mention the continual mucking)
7. My kids have stuff. (again with the mucking process)
8. I have a washing machine and a dryer and they work
9. I have a sewing machine and know how to use it (and do)
10. My daughter in law just let me make curtains for my grandson's bedroom
11. I have a grandson
12.I have 7 of the most awesome children on the planet. They may not all be doing what I think they should, but they are all good people.
13. 4 1/2 weeks until Trevor comes home for his 10 day leave.
14.Brandi has someone to walk to school with.
15. I have bills to pay, and that means I have a life
16. I have a testimony of the truthfullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
17. I can dream. They may not come true, but I live in a world where it is possible that they might, so I can have hope and dreams.
18. I have an amazing rheumatalogist and great drugs and live in a time when it is possible for that combination to make it so that I don't live every day in excruciating pain. (and the weekly injections only hurt for about 3 seconds)
19. I own my own business. (and someday it will actually earn my living for me)
20. It rained yesterday