Tuesday, October 30, 2007

update

A quick update. My sister and family were able to go home last week. Their apartment was fine, if not covered in a thin layer of soot and ash and I am sure smelling yucky. But baby did fine but was happy to be home to familiar space.

Trevor was back in barracks by Th. night. He called to let me know that all was fine, but that they were still having to wear the surgical masks still since the air was too yucky to breathe. They could still see the fire and it was blowing up live rounds out in the fields, but they were safe. He called again on Friday and they were able to take off the masks.

He said that if my sister and family are going to my parents for Thanksgiving, then he will come home as he has a 4 day leave. That made me happy as he will be gone for the next 2-3 on mission etc.

No comments: