Friday, November 2, 2007

Tagged

Karlene tagged me. I am supposed to tell you 7 things about me. Tougher than I thought it would be to find new and interesting things. So,here we go:

1. Many people believe that I grew up out of country. Wrong! New Mexico IS a state in the United States of America. In fact it became a state in 1912.

2. I didn't have to look up the date that NM became a state, it is a fact that I know.

3. I hate Halloween, but love playing dress up.

4. One of my favorite things to do as a young person (read that as elementary-high school after that I didn't have time) was to read the encyclopedia and/or dictionary. Hence, I have a vast knowledge of trivia. Hmm, maybe I should go on Jeopardy?

5. I am one of the few women on the planet that despises shopping. If I could get everything I needed/wanted ordered and delivered via internet, without the waiting time and delivery charges, I would do it. I really do destest shopping. Don't even think about taking me to the mall- I'd rather clean the boys' bathroom.

6. I have 3 college degrees. I have an Associates in Elementary Education, a degree in Children's Literature, and a Bachelors in Psychology. If I ever catch up on my sleep, I'll get either a Master's or Ph.D. Or maybe I will just become the highest paid UB Fragrance Designer.

7. I am a Christmas decor-aholic. I love, love, love decorating for Christmas. I like to give each room it's own theme. (Front entry way- snowmen, living room- nativities, Kitchen- Sugar Plum lane etc) I love desiging and decorating Christmas trees. If I had the money and space, I would get a new tree each year, complete with new decorations. But I have a hard time getting rid of the old that I love. I have one tree that is just mine, that I decorate the way I want. Then I have one for the family ornaments, because I HAVE to hang all the kids' ornaments, the ones I have given them and the ones they have made for me. This is the one time I can stand shopping, if I am shopping for Christmas ornaments. Oh, and a new angel each year. And a new set of lights for outside, and have you seen the new..... you get the idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there,
i am with you sister on hating shopping. don't even get me near a mall for that. you are not alone in this.

thanks for coming by today.

hope your block is a good experience for you this day. happy Sabbath, kathleen

lindsey said...

I love the tag info! So fun!