Saturday, December 1, 2007

Let it Be Christmas- Alan Jackson

I love music. I love listening to it, I love playing it- both on the piano as well as the radio, disks etc. I love it when it is good music. I like to turn it up and let it wash over me, fill my body and soul and let me feel. I love how it takes me places and evokes images.

This Christmas song by Alan Jackson is one of my very favorite. I love how it starts small, a few strains of guitar and then the words. Alan takes you to the small country road and then to the city streets and you can see and feel the snow while you walk there. Then the bells are introduced to the song. Small and subtle but there, ringing clearly for all to hear.

Then the music begins to swell. I love swelling music. The words again take you to small children with visions of sugar plums and hopes and dreams, both past and present.

Then the most awsome part, the orchestra joins the song and the music is full bodied and wonderful and you feel Christmas everywhere. As the song comes to an end, you just know in your heart that all will be well and that we can truly have hope and joy and peace.

Here are the lyrics and two links that you can use to go and listen. I know that not everyone likes Country music, but give it a chance and really let the music wash over and in and around you.

Let it be Christmas
Alan Jackson

Let it be Christmas everywhere
In the hearts of all people both near and afar
Christmas everywhere
Feel the love of the season wherever you are
On the small country roads lined with green mistletoe
Big city streets where a thousand lights glow

Let it be Christmas everywhere
Let heavenly music fill the air
Let every heart sing let every bell ring
The story of hope and joy and peace
And let it be Christmas everywhere
Let heavenly music fill the air
Let anger and fear and hate disappear
Let there be love that lasts through the year
And let it be Christmas
Christmas everywhere

Let it be Christmas everywhere
With the gold and the silver, the green and the red
Christmas everywhere
In the smiles of all children asleep in their beds
In the eyes of young babies their first fallen snow
Elderlys' memories that never grow old

Let it be Christmas everywhere
Let heavenly music fill the air
Let every heart sing let every bell ring
The story of hope and joy and peace
And let it be Christmas everywhere
Let heavenly music fill the air
Let anger and fear and hate disappear
Let there be love that lasts through the year
And let it be Christmas
Christmas everywhere

Let it be Christmas everywhere
In the songs that we sing and the gifts that we bring
Christmas everywhere
In what this day means and what we believe
From the sandy white beaches where blue water rolls
Snow covered mountains and valleys below

Let it be Christmas everywhere
Let heavenly music fill the air
Let every heart sing let every bell ring
The story of hope and joy and peace
And let it be Christmas everywhere
Let heavenly music fill the air
Let anger and fear and hate disappear
Let there be love that lasts through the year
And let it be Christmas
Christmas everywhere
Christmas everywhere
Christmas everywhere

Here You can watch Alan sing this song. (you'll have to watch a 30 second commercial first- sorry)

Here you will find a pretty Christmas picture, the lyrics and Alan singing the song

I tried putting a playlist on my sidebar that has this song, but I can't get it to work for some reason. Have to figure that out, but first I'm finishing up shopping and putting up the trees today.

No comments: