Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Pictures

I made it to work today. I really wanted to stay home, but gotta pay those bills.
So here are some pictures of my decorations this year. I painted and got rid of and added furniture this year and so things are in different places than they usually are. I am not sure whether I like it or not. We'll see.








These three little guys sit in my front entry, next to the coat closet and "build" a snowman each year..
I try to do each room in a theme and the front entry is my snowman room, since that is where it all gets tracked anyway!





Shelf by my front door that usually holds all my kitty knick-knacks but holds more snowmen during Christmas.









My tree in the living room. I just have white lights, burgandy bows and white beads on it with the angel on top. There are a white and a black peacock about half way down. I am thinking that I am going to change the decorations on this one next year. I am ready for something new.






Kids' tree downstairs. Originally I was going to get 8 of these little guys and put them with a sleigh that I have, but that was not really practical. So I have two of them that sit by the tree. One seems to have wandered off today......


I wonder if he is maybe Santa's spy.




I saw this arrangement at Ikea and loved it. I got the feather trees at Target last year in Jan for $2 each- normally $30 gotta love deal like that!





Kids' plastic play with nativity Brought to me as a gift from Isreal




nativities and angels one of my favorite



Donovan gave me this one when he was in elementary


Some one gave us this nativity one year. One piece each night starting Dec. 13 until we got the baby on the 24th. That has now become one of my kids' favorite things to do, give a nativity for the 12 days of Christmas.

Another kid's nativity






This one usually sits on a small table with a burgandy table cloth, a grapevine wreath and a big gold bow. This is one of the one's that I am not sure I want to leave this way. I'll probably put it back next year.




I madethis nativity the first year I was married. I was limitied on the colors I had. My sisters in law each made one that year as well, and they were disgusted that I used color at all. They felt that it had to be all white to be reverent at all. But I love it just the way it is. I have to tell you about the kneeling shepherds. Just before I went to have them fired, I noticed that I had forgotten to paint the feet on one of them. So I pulled out the paints and fixed that problem. I named that little shepherd Matthew. Of course it was six years before I got
my real life Matthew, and he has claimed this nativity as his when possesions are divided up!


And then I have angles of every shape and size and color all over the front room as well.


And those are some of my favorite Christmas decorations inside my house. Of course, I only got part of them out this year. So if I were to do this same post next year, you would see different along with these.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool Christmas decorations. Sorry you had to go back to work yesterday. I hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaah. We are so Christmas less at our house this year. It's a little sad. Although I do have out my favorite decoration - one you gave me! My wooden "all in one" nativity of Mary, Joseph & baby Jesus. It always makes me smile when I put it out (usually under the this year absent tree!) every year.

Unknown said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog, Sandra. Great to "see" you again.

Don't forget to R.S.V.P. about our Blogger Babe luncheon on the tenth of January. Details on my blog, right-hand column! We really want to see you there. Hope you can make it.