Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter huntings

We have a cat that is a little bit weird. In fact, he thinks he is not a cat. He acts like a dog a lot of the time. You know those tabs that you pull off of the milk carton to open it? Matt figured out that if you throw one, Scoop will fetch it and bring it back. He loves them to play with. In fact, one day I caught the cat looking in the garbage can. He was moving the trash around until he found the tab that I had just thrown away. He then took it out and laid it on the ground and looked for another one. Just yesterday I found 3 of them hidden behind the couch and this morning one was in my scripture bag! One weird cat.

Here he is playing with a ferris wheel toy.

Here he is attacking the ferris wheel worker guy. This is one of his favorite things to play with, next to milk carton tabs.

Today after church we hid Easter eggs for the kids to find. Scoop decided that he needed in on the action as well, pointing out where the eggs were. The kids weren't really paying attention to that fact until I pointed it out. Here is the evidence:



Brandi looking in the mailbox



Scoop trying to tell her that there is one hidden here.



Or how about the one hidden in the flower bed




Brandi is not paying attention


Still not paying attention.
This is part of the fairy garden. It will look better once the flowers bloom.



Trevor trying to give hints as well


Scoop counting how many eggs are in the basket


I know where there is another one!


Trying to point out that there is one hiding in the rocks
I told you he was one weird cat.
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

4 comments:

Karlene said...

That's funny.

Anonymous said...

Teehee! I have to laugh. Our cat actually acts like he's human. Half the time his meows sound like words. This morning I told him to get off Gary's bed & I swear he said Why? He can get an attitude & actually knows who's alarm belongs to who & will go get that person or wake them up if they don't hear it! He too found an Easter egg when he was just a kitten, one the kids never found but it never stunk & they swore they were moving the furniture when they vacuumed that whole time!!!! Loretta

tawnya said...

Aw. I remember that ferris wheel!

Sandra said...

just an fyi- that is not my ferris wheel. Jacob loved it so much when he was small that I was afraid that he would break it, so I bought him his own on e-bay. This is Jacob's. No way I would let the cat attack mine! ;)