Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wrongs made right

Remember last fall when I was so upset over my flower bed being desacrated? I need to let you know that the city did try to make it right. They apologized over and over. The mayor contacted me within minutes of me contacting them. The city works department had people calling me to try and make it right. They issued the apology and paid me some money. Everytime I saw the mayor for the next couple of months, he apologized again. Today I went to purchase new flowers to replace the old ones, and I made new friends and have a new place to purchase my flowers from now on.

I purchased some WalMart cheap annuals to give a couple of the flower beds some color to last throughout this year while I am still re-doing my pond area. I was hoping to be able to also replace the other flowers. They didn't have any peonies. So I went down the street to Linden Nursery. I have shopped here before, but it is not my go to nursery. Until today. They had a table full of peonies. Lovely ready to bloom peonies. Small just starting out peonies, and everything inbetween. I was a bit disappointed in the color selection, but it was ok. They had pink, red and one white. I wanted a pink one but I also wanted a white one. I looked at the price. I could get both and have money left over. Yay. So I got a pink one and the white one. The white one, however, was looking kinda sad. But I thought I would give it a chance anyway.

When I got to the front counter, the gal asked me if I wanted to choose a different white one. After I told her that there were no more white ones out there, she told me that since it was looking so sickly, she would give it to me for free! Even after it was pointed out that there was a healthy off shoot growing, she still gave it to me for free! My new nursery of choice. And soon I will have beautiful, full fragrant blossoms growing in my flower garden again.

I do, however, still need suggestions on what to plant where the water connection box is so that I can camoflouge it. Any ideas?

No comments: