Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat

I didn't want to do the green face, pointy chin, wart on the nose witch make-up today. I tried out a couple of different looks last night and this is what I finally settled on. The spider "beauty mark" was a favorite with the students.



I wore a bat ring and spider rings . The other hand had a black rose ring and the spider rings. Those spiders kept getting in my way all day long. They made it difficult to write notes for students, taking money and making change at lunch was difficult, and they even made typing hard. Maybe that is the reason witches use spiders in their brew, they are too difficult to wear as jewlery.





I loved that even though all of us in the office were dressed as witches, none of us looked the same. We all brought something of our different personalities to our alter egos today. And all but one of us choose the striped tights!
Shawna.

Shelly

Leena

My office mates and I
Shelly, Me, Cheryl


Laurane


Linda
I loved her costume the best

Sheryl
Here she is putting on her fingernails.
Those fingernails were as much a problem for her as my spiders were for me.
They kept falling off and we would find them all over the place.
They make so much more than typing difficult, trust me. That
is the reason I painted my nails.

Claudia
Our beloved head lunch lady as a crochety old man


The whole office gang (coven?)
Leena, Linda, Laurane, Shawna, Dana, Shelly, Me, Sheryl

Brandi

She wanted her spider on her chin. She had me
draw a string of web coming off of it.



This is my favorite picture of her in
her costume

Now for the cutest critter of all today...




Hunter
The cutest little monkey around
And yes, Grandma is allowed to be biased.
He gave me the stickiest yellow sucker kiss and didn't
even cry at my makeup. Love my boy.

Indeed.

add to kirtsy

5 comments:

tawnya said...

I want those orange / black tights that one girl has on, uh, just to wear!

ShazBraz said...

Great pix. Glad you dressed up; see? it's fun, right?

thanks for the clothes...Sage is so excited for her striped tights!

Sandra said...

Tawnya, she wears those tights with one of her longer jean skirts. They had them at Target, so maybe you can find some next time you go down for some shopping.

Sharon, yes it was fun. I love the dressing up part- I didn't like my costume so much. The dress I got wasn't as long as I thought and so I had to add to it and didn't have time to make it cute, but still fun.
I saw a picture of Sage on Tawnya's blog. Now her costume was way cute. Next year, you design mine.

tawnya said...

I was just at target this week and they didn't have orange ones! I have red / black I got last night, but no orange. Sad.

Karlene said...

I had purple & black tights. Must have been the year for it.

Your photos are great but don't do you justice.