Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's day 2009

Most of my pictures from this day are blurry. Probably a good thing since most of them have crying in them

arriving at the airport


Checking in and getting boarding pass

flight 4721
sorry it is on time


waiting



Just before they said goodbye
With no warning they gave me a hug and left
I had no chance to say "be good, read your scriptures, wear clean underwear",
or whatever else a mom is supposed to say when sending her
sons off to war."
Then Kristina and I stood there and cried


On the escalator. He doesn't have a clue how long it will be before he sees Daddy again


Watching the airplanes out the window

Leaving without our stripling warriors
And no, I am not crying as I write this- I just have a small leak in my eyes.
Love you boys. Be safe. Come home.

Indeed.

add to kirtsy

4 comments:

Marcelle said...

Strenghts to you...
Cant be easy sending one's boy to the war...I've never had to do that..
God keep them safe!!

G. Parker said...

Doesn't matter how many times they go...it's always hard. Take care.

loretta said...

My eyes are leaking for you. Do you or Kristina have a web cam to talk to them while they're gone?

Sandra said...

yes, we all have web cams and will be able to talk to each other.