Monday, May 4, 2009

Messages and phone calls

I told you that I don't like Valentine's day. I also don't like mother's day. I loved it as a child. I have the world's best mother. Growing up all I ever wanted to be was a mom as great as she is. I loved celebrating mother's day and doing things for her to show her how much I love her.

Then I grew up and became a mom and it became a dreaded day. I loved the little things my kids did, but they did them all through the year. I am not going to go into the reasons why I don't like mother's day, just know that it is a day I wish I could skip.

Today, however, I got two reasons to like mother's day again.

1. When I checked my e-mail this morning there was a sweet note from a friend about mothers. Thank you friend.

2. Trevor called me today and the connection was good and the call didn't drop. I was able to speak with him for 30 minutes before he had to let someone else use the phone. Hearing from far away sons is always nice.

So thank you to the two of you for today.




Indeed.

add to kirtsy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there any mother that likes Mother's Day? I don't know of one. But for the record, I think you're a great mom!