Thursday, July 30, 2009

Braids

I'm taking Brandi to get her hair done tomorrow. In the last 10 years I have done just about every hair style in this video.




Maybe we should try:



Or maybe



Or here


But we will probably do something like this. Again.



Because it will last for 6 weeks before I have to take the braids out. 6 weeks of just wash, rinse and done. When you have ethnic hair those 6 weeks are hair heaven.

But one thing she will never have? Dred locks. Because in order to take them out, you have to shave the head.


Indeed.
add to kirtsy

3 comments:

tawnya said...

I love dreds...

Sandra said...

Ya, but you can't wash the hair. Well you can, but you can't get it clean because the water won't go all the way through. And they start to smell. And the only way to take them out is to shave the head.

The reason they start to look so fuzzy (and braids do too) is the amount of hairs that you lose each day. When you have dreds or braids, those hairs stay trapped and then you have to comb them out- when you have braids you can, with dreds you can't. You should see when I am done taking Brandi's braids out. One humungo hair ball and lots and lots of tiny hairs all over the room, the chair (or bed if we are sitting there) me, the floor. Everything has to be wiped down and swept, washed, changed. We both hate it and put it off as long as possible. And it takes as long to take out as to put in 4-6 hours.

Karlene said...

I know it takes a long time and all, but right now? I'd trade hair in a heartbeat. To fix it and leave it for 6 weeks? Heaven!