Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Students

We have great students at the highschool.

Yesterday during lunch I witnessed one such student.

One of our special needs students likes to knuckle bump with others. He has a whole ritual. Knuckle bump, open hand in an "explosion", wave it like a firework falling.

T, the special needs student stopped another student, they did the ritual and then both went their own way.

I asked the other student if he knew T or was his peer tutor or something. He said no, he had never met T before.

But he did the whole ritual to make a boy happy.

We have awesome students.



Indeed.

add to kirtsy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for awesome students!

How did your presentation go the other night?

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

What a sweet reminder of the good and praiseworthy in this world!

Sandra said...

Noelle, not as well as I would have liked. Technical snafu. But we were being graded on professionalism as well as content and delivery, and I handled it well so maybe what it lacked in the tech department, I made up for in calm and coolness under pressure and coming up with another way to do the presentation quickly.

Cami said...

We have a little guy in our classroom who LOVES that same knuckle procedure! It is not an uncommon sight to see kids all the way down the hall going through this ritual with him! Lol....maybe that's why he's always late to all of his classes! Love my little kids and I'm SO thankful to be able to work with them every day. They have definitely blessed my life! Thanks for the post! :) p.s. Happy Thanksgiving!