Sunday, November 22, 2009

Things I miss

I woke up with a horrible headache. So did Brandi. And Jacob. And Ethan still has a cough and a slight fever. And Trevor still can't keep anything down.

We stayed home from church. And Donovan and Kristina, Hunter and Jordan didn't come for Sunday dinner.

Because I have class on Monday instead of Wednesday this week, I had to do homework. It took me 10 hours to put together a 5 minute oral presentation. About my professional growth in the last 12 months. I thought it would be easy. It wasn't.

Because we stayed home today, I was thinking about all the things I miss lately.

I miss my life:

Matthew is making a pie because I have no time to ever bake for the kids anymore and he wanted one.

I miss cooking and cleaning and the satisfaction that comes from a clean, orderly home.

I miss having time to read anything I want, anytime I want and enjoy it and not feel rushed because homework is waiting.

I miss going to church and partaking of the sweet spirit of others.

I miss taking the sacrament.

I miss really reading the scriptures. I mean really reading and not just listening to them on my iPod while I do dishes just so that I keep them in my mind.

I miss hanging out with friends and just chatting.

I miss visiting teaching- because really? I have let e-mails take the place. Not fair to my VT. sister. I only have one sister to teach and no partner, so how hard can it be? Apparently I have let it become hard.

I miss regular temple trips. The temple is 7 minutes away. You can see it from my front porch. But yet I have let stuff get in my way of regular weekly visits. I should stop sleeping in on Saturdays.

I miss good neighbors.

I miss dancing everyday.

I miss my family. I wish we could get together more often.

I miss Jordan coming every Wed. to hang out for a couple of hours.

I miss Hunter.

I miss me. If you see me, keep me there until I catch up. I know I'll appreciate it.



Indeed.
add to kirtsy

1 comment:

Karlene said...

I miss you too.

But I have it on good authority that the woman you VT really does not mind doing it via email. Although she really hopes you two can get together for lunch over the Christmas break. :)