Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday Thoughts- Education

I was going to do a long thoughtful post on education and the two shows that Oprah aired last week on the state of education in America. But it is late and I am tired. I may get online tomorrow and rewrite this to include that, but it is Monday night and I don't have the time or the presence of mind to put my thoughts together right now.

One thing I will comment on is this:
President Obama wants to cut summer vacation by one month and believes that that will improve education in America. I have my own thoughts on that and you might be surprised when you hear them, but that is not what I wanted to comment on tonight.

What I want to say is this- I believe that two changes in the structure of American schools would improve the system 99%.

2) Pay teachers competitive wages in order to attract good teachers. How many educators do you know? Now how many of them have only one job? That's what I thought.

And the #1 thing that will improve education in America?







Indeed. add to kirtsy

No comments: