Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesday Thoughts- Salsa Verde

I told my cousin clear back in August, early September that I would post my recipe for Salsa Verde and then I promptly forgot to do it. How embarrasing!  So here it is- only 1 month late.

Salsa Verde Canning Recipe

2 lbs tomatillos (about 8 cups)
2 cups onions chopped
1-4 hot peppers, seeded and chopped
1 cup fresh cilantro, minced
4-8 garlic cloves
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup lime juice

Directions

  1. After removing husks, halve and then coarsely chop the tomatillos.
  2. Lightly coat the bottom of a large pot with oil, turn the burner on high and add all the ingredients. Stir frequently and bring to a boil. Lower the temperature and let the salsa simmer for about 20 minutes.
  3. Carefully fill sterilized pint or half-pint jars and process them for 20 minutes using the boiling-water bath method.
I really, really love this Salsa. I have used it for enchiladas and for a salsa over home-made burritos and other foods like that. I just love this salsa.

For complete canning directions I use the Ball blue book.







Indeed. add to kirtsy

No comments: