Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog day

I sat down to write Matthew an e-mail for this week and when I started typing a little poem just came out.

It is silly and corny and I have no idea where it came from, but I thought I would share it with you in celebration of this weather vermin day.

So enjoy, groan, roll your eyes and have a happy groundhog day.


Groundhog day!!!

Will he or won't he is the question we ask
Hoping this vermin is up to the task
Lights, camera, action
Up pops his head
If there's no shadow
Then winter is dead.
But if his shadow is cast
then its six more weeks of winter's cold blast.

So pop goes the weasel
All eyes are on him
Will it be sunny
or will it be dim
No matter the sky
the calendar says
In six weeks we'll have spring
And birds will return and we'll all start to sing.






Indeed. add to kirtsy

No comments: