Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pumpkin Roll

Just in time for Halloween comes a new book from Josi Kilpack.  I loved this book and I think it is the best so far of the Sadie Hoffmiller series.  In fact, at one point I was reading this at night and had to put it down because it was dark outside and too scary to induce sleep later. Josi just keeps getting better and better.
From the back:
As Halloween approaches, Sadie is looking forward to spending her favorite baking season of the year making delicious New England recipes in boston, Massachusetts, with her favorite leading man, Pete Cunningham, as they babysit his three young grandsons. When the bosy insist that Mrs. Wapple, the woman who lives across the street, is a witch, Sadie and Pete are anxious to distract the boys from such silly ideas.

Josi has outdone herself this time as she serves up a mystery worthy of the spooky season. I usually have the mystery solved pretty early in the book but this time I kept changing my mind about who done it up until almost the end.  I only guessed the real culprit mere pages before it was revieled.

And the recipes in this book are amazing.  As a member of the test kitchen, I should know.  But they are recipes that my children keep asking me to make.  In fact Jacob is disappointed that it has been awhile since I made Baxter's Clam Chowder- but really, when it was 90+ degrees outside I just was not in the mood for a hot soup!  But if fall ever gets here, this is one that will be on the stove frequently.

Get it, read it, love it.
Pumpkin Roll by Josi Kilpack




Indeed

1 comment:

Dad Mom said...

we'll be able to get it this weekend.