Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Six

Today I am thankful for the gift of the spirit and the ability to listen to the Lord.

I am sitting here watching the election returns and am confused and crying because of what I fear is coming for our country, and for my family.  I am afraid for what this means for me and my kids and our future.  I have felt things surrounding this election that make me worried for our country.  And as I try to explain things to my children I am get even more worried.  And I hope that I am wrong. But I don't think so.

There is always a soundtrack running in my head. I always have some sort of song running in my mind and I mostly ignore it but every once in a while I become aware of what the song is and usually it has relevance to what is going on around me.

As I sit here watching the news I began a silent prayer for my family and for my country and our future when I became aware of the song in my mind.

Let us all press on in the work of the Lord
That when life is o'er we may gain a reward
In the fight for right, let us weild a sword
The mighty sword of Truth

Fear not, though the enemy deride
Courage for the Lord is on our side
We will heed not what the wicked may say
But the Lord alone we will obey.

And when I realized what I was hearing I remembered that it will be ok. The Lord will not forsake us as long as we remember Him and choose to obey Him and do His work.  Things may be hard and may get harder. And they may get worse.  And then again they may not. But that doesn't matter.  What does matter is that I remember that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father and it is His work I need to focus on.

My country may not have chosen what I felt was right, and my country may end up regretting it.  I hope not.  But again what is important is that I can listen to the spirit and be calmed instead of listening to the clamour and noise of the media and other voices and know that no matter what, if I am on the Lord's side doing His work and standing for truth and righetousness then I will be ok. No matter what.

So now we just need to all press on in the work of the Lord.










Indeed

No comments: