Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 8-11

I was going to blog every single day this month. Then I got sick.  I haven't been sick like that for about 10 years.  I called in sick at work and felt bad because it was my turn to teach the counseling lesson to the 8th graders. I then had Jess drive me to the doctor's office.  

Am I the only one or does it irritate you when the nurse doesn't even speak to you beyond calling you back to the exam room?  She waves toward the scale then silently sticks the thermometer in your ear and scribbles on your chart then silently waves toward a room and you just assume that is where she wants you to go.  After you crawl up on the bed she then silently attaches the blood pressure cuff to your arm and when finished scribbles again. Not once has she told you what the readings were.  Then she says- why are you here? in a tone that implies that you are really inconveniencing her day.

I like to know what my readings are for a number of reasons.  1. I like to monitor and take charge of my health.  It is kind of hard to do if you don't tell me the numbers. 2. I know what is normal for me.  So if a doctor says, "so no fever, your temp is 98.6* normal." I can say- nope, normal for me is 96* 98.6 is a fever for me. Just sayin'

I saw the nurse practitioner because my doctor was not in that day. I like seeing her if he is not in.  She thought it was the beginning of the flu but sent me home with a shot for the headache and nausea and a prescription for more and told me what to watch for.

I slept the rest of the day.  I have no idea who brought Brandi home from school but she got here.

I went to work the next two days and just went through the motions and then came home and went right to bed.  Today I have spent in bed reading.  I hate unproductive days

On another note, I am thinking about going back to selling Avon again as opposed to going back to Target as a second job.

Indoor soccer begins next week.

I'm going back to bed.


Indeed

No comments: