Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Morning



Jon Schmidt again.

From his liner notes:

"This tune is an original composition of mine. For a long while, I couldn't think of a title for it. I considered calling it "Santa;s Workshop" or "The Train Song", but neither felt right. Then, one day I stumbled upon the title "Christmas Morning". As I played the piece with that image in mind, I began to remember a scene from previous Christmas. Like a movie sound track, the song fit perfectly as the memory unfolded. i was suddenly experiencing Christmas morning 1996 through the eyes of my two-year-old Annie and four-year-old Spencer; the Christmas lights, a train running on a track around the tree, a new doll house, and a remote control car. That was a Christmas morning I'll never forget!"


Listen to it here.

Just close your eyes and see the tree and hear the train as it picks up passengers and then speed. See it speeding around the tree, the lights twinkling, the wrapping paper beside it. See the children playing and laughing and families enjoying each other's company. Then the day is coming to a close, children are getting tired, daddies carrying little ones with drooping eyes up to bed as the train begins to slow down and come to stop as the perfect Christmas day comes to a close.
Go here to listen to more of Jon Schmidt.

No comments: