Saturday, December 22, 2007

Of Kings and Lullabies

Tiny King written by Joyce Elaine Eilers



Our choir as directed by Kathrine Laycock Little, did this song for Christmas one year. It was wonderful. The choir sang the chorus part while the primary children sang the solo part. It was amazing and my children and I have loved this song since. You can hear it being sung in our home throughout the year.

I can't find a place to listen to it, but most music stores have the arrangement for piano or choirs.





Mary's Lullaby by Bertha A. Kleinman, music by Wanda West Palmer



This is the only place on the web I can find where you can listen to this song. Elise Adams has it on her CD and I think it is a stellar performance of the song.

I think of Mary, sitting in the hay, rocking her new baby to sleep. She knows who He is and some of what is in store for Him as the years progress, but tonight, for now, He is her baby and she gets to swaddle Him, smell Him and rock Him to sleep. And it is enough.

No comments: