Saturday, December 15, 2007

Kathryn Laycock Little


Kathryn Laycock Little

I am so honored to know this lady. More than that, though, I am blessed to be able to call her friend. You may know her from "Brigham City" or "Singles Ward 2" or if you live in Utah, you may have seen her in any number of plays or productions. She has also been a soloist with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. This is a picture from last Sunday night's program, Christmas in the Grove. This was during an audience participation song. I thought it showed the playfull side of Kathryn that I love so much.

I will be uploading some video sections from the program later today or tomorrow, but I just wanted to pay a little tribute to Kathryn. Each year for the last 15 years, she has been the spearhead behind Christmas in the Grove. With a committee, she chooses songs that tell the story of Christ's birth and mission and then spends Sunday evenings starting early in Oct. preparing the adult and youth choirs for the performance and also helping with the children's choir. This, in addition to being the choir director for the most amazing ward choir. Also in addition to her everday work and life.

She has an amazing voice. Here she is singing the final number from last week's program. (sorry it is shaky, I had to change tapes and didn't have time to put the camera back on the tripod and I was still kinda sick)



(be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and turn down the playlist sound)

Isn't that the voice of an angel? Kathryn is one of those women that would give you the shirt off of her back if she could and you needed it. But she is also one of those women that really and truly appreciates the small gifts of friendship and acknowledges them and you feel as if you had given her $1,000,000 even if it was just a simple hug. As I said, I am honored and blessed to know her and call her friend.

1 comment:

Karlene said...

Now, if Kathryn made a Christmas album it would definitely make my Top 10 Christmas list.