Saturday, December 15, 2007

Marie Osmond

I just picked up Marie's newest Christmas album. If you are waiting to hear music from the Marie that sang Paper Roses or even the Marie that was a little bit country, prepare to be disappointed.

However, if you are ready to hear wonderful holiday music sung with a voice that is rich and round and full of body, then be prepared to be blown away. Marie's years of fine tuning for Broadway is very evident. All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW.

"Oh Holy Night" is my very favorite Christmas song ever, and to hear Marie sing it- again Blown Away. Her voice is so very rich and she ennunciates her words so that they are easy to understand. One thing that irritates me is when a singer slurs words or drops consonants. Marie never does that, each word is clear and presise and easily understood. And the feeling she puts into the album. This is easily going to be one of my new favorite albums.

Thank you Marie.

No comments: