Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sunday, Dec 9

I am gong to take a little break from the Christmas song review, today. I have been ill. I went to be early Th. feeling a bit unwell. i didn't sleep well, and when the alarm went off Friday morning, I knew it was not good. I started making my oblations to the porceline throne not long after that. In fact, I ended up at the dr. office. He was sure it was the flu. But, alas, it was not, so just a shot of Phenergan and one of Tordal for the joint pain. I really hate having a comprimised immmune system- Epstein Barr Syndrome and Rhemetoid Arthritis- both make illnesses worse than they should be.

So, with the drugs in my system, I missed work and the work Christmas Party Friday night. But even worse than that, I missed picking up Trevor at the airport after the party! Yes, he is home until he leaves next Aug on his mission. I was dead asleep, full of meds when he came home. He touched me and I woke up though. What a sweetie, he bought me two charms for my charm bracelet. He had seen me looking at them when I was on base in Sept. but I couldn't afford them. They are the Marine symbol and have real diamonds in them. He got me one to represent Donovan and one to represent him.

I also slept through yesterday and the ward Christmas party. And he 2 feet of snow that fell and the kids making a 6 ft. snowman outside. I also got to miss grocery shopping and mopping, but I did manage to do a couple loads of laundry and fold the towels and redo Brandi's hair before I fell back into bed exhausted.

Today it is still snowing and I still feel gross, but a shower helped. I am missing church so that I will have enough energy to go to the Christmas program "Christmas in the Grove" tonight. Brandi is singing in the children's choir, Jake and Ethan are singing in the youth choir and Jake is also playing percussion. I love this program and have only missed 2-3 in the last 15 years- always due to illness and once a new preemie baby- Jake. For me, it isn't Christmas until Christmas in the Grove.

This season is turning into one of those that circumstances are forcing me to remember the season and forget the trappings. Those always turn out to be my favorite memories, the simple years where I am too ill or tired to do the big elaborate celbrations with all of their flippery and finery.

Well, I am feeling a bit tired, so off for a nap.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sandra, I hope you feel better soon. I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time right now.

By the way -- the six finalists for the Best Husband in the World contest are posted on my blogspot. And Karlene's husband is one of them. Please pop on over, read through them (they really are wonderful men), vote and then spread the word far and wide. Merry Christmas!