Thursday, December 6, 2007

Silver Bells

I used to dance. On a dance floor, to music. But you knew that didn't you? I have even choreographed dances for plays and I loved every minute of it. There are times that I hear a song and my body just wants to move, I can feel the moves and have a hard time keeping my feet still and not moving, especially when I am in the car or even worse, at a public gathering.

Of all the dancing that I ever did, the waltz is my all time favorite dance. I find it smooth, glamorous, euretheural and very, very expressive. What can I say, I am a romantic at heart.

The Christmas song, "Silver Bells", is one of those songs. When I hear it, I can feel the steps with my body and see the choreography in my mind. I would be wearing a white formal with marabou at the hem and the sleeve cuffs. The material would be georgette and filmy. My partner would be in a black tux, tails of course. The dance floor would be rimmed with Christmas trees filled with sparkling white lights, the only light in the room. Magic.

There are many different versions of this song. I like the slower versions as they give the waltz feel as opposed to the faster versions that give the feel of the hustle and bustle of shopping and rushing home with presents. This video comes the closest to the feel that I like. (I didn't want to go to Alan Jackson again, though I really like his version)




(to watch the video without hearing the playlist songs, go to the playlist at the bottom of the page and turn down the volume on it with the sound icon on the right hand side)

1 comment:

kris said...

Hi Sandra - just caught up with all of your posts - I have been so bad with this lately!
I loved this video - I used to watch the Lennon Sisters at my grandparents' house - Janet was my favorite - so cute!
Congrats on writing every day in November - I enjoyed reading your posts.
I especially liked your Thanksgiving day post - I totally agree!