Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Chicken recipes

Today in 4-H we had some bad news/good news. It was bad news for Lindsey. Her club does not have enough students that 4-H will let it continue. On the other hand, Lindsey is now going to be helping me in the cooking club. I am so excited about that. Today she came in and just jumped right in helping me. She cut up the chicken so I could move on to the next part in the recipe. She washed the dishes while I was supervising the frying. She wiped down the counters, engaged the students when there was a lull in the instruction. And we finished on time!! I am so excited to have her thoughts, her recipes, her knowledge and really just her presence in our club. Thank you for agreeing to come in with us, Lindsey.

Now, on to the recipes for today. Today I cooked for the students. I made Fajitas for them. I also gave them 2 extra recipes besides that. So, here they are.

Weeknight Fajitas

1/8 cup Italian dressing 1 diced tomato (or 1 can diced tomatoes)
4 chicken brests, cut in strips 1 diced chile pepper
1 green pepper, sliced in strips 8 flour tortillas
1 onion, sliced in strips Sour cream
1 clove garlic Shredded cheese
1/2 tsp oregano Salsa

Pour dressing over chicken, peppers, onion, garlic, oregano, and chile pepper. Toss and refrigerate 10 minute. Drain and stir-fry until chicken is cooked. Stir in tomatoes. Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels. Microwave to moisten. Or wrap them in aluminum foil and warm in oven. Fill tortilla with chicken mix. Serve with salsa, sour cream, cheese, refried beans or guacamole.
You can substitute 1 lb. stew meat or pork cutlets for chicken. Don't drain dressing. Cook until meat is browned, then ad veggies.

That is the way the recipe is written. I like to put my chicken and veggies in seperate bowls to marinate and then to stir-fry them seperately as well.

I also gave them the recipe for White Chile and for Easy Chicken Enchiladas. I will post them in the next couple of days in seperate posts.

1 comment:

lindsey said...

Thanks for the kind words! I am so excited to be part of your group! It was so fun!