Thursday, February 21, 2008

Forest for the trees

Do you ever listen to people talk about all the great things that happen to them and instead of being happy for them you wonder why good things don't happen to you?


Yeah, me too. All the time.



I have a lot of things I wish would happen in my life:

-new house

-major life problem gone

-debt gone

-rich uncle leaves inheritance (oh wait, that happened, but it was a rich aunt and by the time the money was distributed, there wasn't much to go around)

-business picks up

-I have a job that I actually like and pays me what I am worth

- and, and, and



Over the past couple of months none of this has happened for me. However, I am beginning to see that sometimes I get so focused on the whole big forest of my life that I stop seeing the individual trees around me.



Here are some of the individual trees that I have had lately:

-the cost of one of my medications was cut waaaayyy down

-The sun has shone for the last 3 days

-I have a family that loves me

-I have a grandbaby that loves me

-I have a job

-I have friends

-I have an iPod that I didn't have to pay for

-I didn't hit that deer that ran out in front of me on my way to work

There are many more small things that happen on a daily basis that I know I just ignore. I know I have said this before, but I am really going to try and see them more often. And I am going to try and post them more often.

2 comments:

ShazBraz said...

Thanks for this post, Sandra! I feel very surrounded by forest right now, myself!

Brittney said...

Hi Sandra! What a great post! It's always good to sit back and look at your life from a different perspective every now and then. It really is all about the little things!