Sunday, April 20, 2008

Another Celebration

Today is Ethan's birthday. He is a great old whoppin' 15. With him I can share my love of, indulgence in and oveall obsession with all things Stargate SG1. I used to make wonderful cakes for the kids' birthdays. They would start planning what they wanted me to make the next year as soon as they were done eating this years' cake. I have made trains, planes, dinosaurs, Tigger, Thomas the Tank enigine, rabbits, trains on a track, a swimming pool complete with swimming teddy grahm bears, dolls and I can't remember what else. Brandi is the only one that asks me for something special any more. So mostly it is just a 9x13 with the appropriate number of candles and we all call it good. That is what I did for Matthew 2 days ago (except it was a bundt).

Then Friday night Ethan asks if I can make a Stargate cake. I did a quick brainstorm and though that yes I could do something that might resemble it. It would have to be simple since we were going to be gone all day Saturday and I would have to do it after church.

For those of you that don't watch Stargate or know what I am talking about, I will post couple of pictures of what a stargate looks like and then I'll show you what I came up with on short notice. There are things I will do differently if I ever do one again- stand it up for starters, but hey, I think it looks pretty good anyway.












Happy Birthday Ethan!!

1 comment:

Karlene said...

That's a pretty awesome cake!