Friday, April 18, 2008

Candylishious

Today is Matthew's birthday. His 17th birthday to be exact. Of all of my children, he is the one that is most like me. We just "get" each other. Something about Matt? He has straight "A's" since he was in kindergarten. And it comes easily. He has calculus and some AP classes this year and he has actually had to spend time doing homework. He did get a "B" on his report card once this year. But I still love him.

I started this thing when Donovan was a teenager. My kids ate way too many sweets. I told them that if they didn't eat any candy from the time they were 13 until they were 17 I would give them $1000. Donovan did it. Jess and Trevor chose to not take the challenge. Matt, the overachiever that he is started when he was 11 or 12. Today was the magic day. (I don't have all the money saved up yet, I am working on it).

His friends bought him 7 pounds of candy for his birthday.

Choosing what to try first



Here goes

Not too bad


A little sweeter than I remember



I think I'll stick with the no candy thing.
Happy Birthday

No comments: