Thursday, April 24, 2008

News

Good news, bad news, just news. That is what I am all about today.

Good news: I have an interview tomorrow morning for a great, contract, salaried with insurance position at the jr. high that my children attend.
Bad news: I am one of 60+ applicants
Good news: I am the second interview
Bad news: I am the second interview.
So I am keeping my fingers, toes, eyes and hairs all crossed. Maybe you could all do the same for me, huh?

Good news: I took my computer in for a tune up and virus check last week- I only had one teeny, tiny small virus and because I bought my computer at PC Laptops there was no fee.
Bad news: my power cord was shot so I needed a new one- $80
More bad news: Last night my computer started making weird sizziling sounds, like the insides were frying. I shut it off fast.
Good news: this morning I was able to save ALL of my pictures to disks before I left for work, just in case.
Bad news: My computer will have to go back to the shop, so I will only be able to post from work or if I can wrestle the other computer from the boys.
Hopefully the next item will be good news: they fixed my computer and I didn't lose anything. I'll let you know.

Good news: the dr. changed my medicine that had the yucky side effects
Bad news: the new medicine has worse side effects
Even more bad news: When the dr. did blood work to rule out possible problems for my complaints, what he thought was going to be the problem was not (and still no clue for the reason behind my complaints) but he did find out that my kidney GFR (the rate that it filters the guck out of your blood) is too low. Should be at 99 ml/min but is at >60. So tomorrow I see a nephrologist.
Good news: He thinks that it can be reversed before it gets too bad
Bad news: it is a side effect of yet another med. I take and that med. may not be replaceable as it was a last resort medication for the condition.
Good news: I believe in prayer and the healing powers of the Lord.

Great news: tomorrow is Friday and thus the last school day of the week and then there are only 5 more weeks in this school year!!! 24 days, in fact. But who's counting?

2 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Wow! Talk about a roller coaster...try not to get motion sickness and hopefully life will level off soonly!

lindsey said...

YEAH! About all the good news. BOO about all the bad.

BUT...I am glad that we only have 24 more days of school!