Friday, April 25, 2008

And the doctor said....


No More Monkeys Jumpin' on the Bed!!!!



Photo taken from www.spectronicsinoz.com
Actually, what the dr. really said was this:
"I think that you are among the small minority that this test gives false positive results. For some reason the test we use to determine kidney disease is wrong for women in your age bracket- 40-50 yrs old. It is a formula and it just is not accurate. So, to be accurate, we need to do a couple more tests and then we will compare them and come up with a correct answer. However, because you have high blood pressure- that is a marker for this disease. You have rhematoid arthritis- that is a marker for this disease. You have ankylosing spondolitis- that is a marker for this disease. You use Enbrel- that is a marker for this disease. Your dad had a kidney disease (though it is a different one) Yep, you guessed it- a marker. So lets do this little 24 hr. collection test and then we'll talk. But I am sure it will all be negative because you have no symptoms, just reasons."
So I am still in the let's wait and see part of knowing, but I feel that it will be fine.
In other news, I had my interview this morning and I feel that it went well. There were a couple of times that the principal said, "Wow, good answer. I really like that, hadn't thought about that." so here's hoping. Then they had me write a letter to a parent as if I needed a record that the parent had not provided the school with. The registrar at the school that I am currently at told me that I put in my letter basically what is in the one she sends out. The principal told me that it would probably be towards the end of next week before he made a decision.
And that is the news. Now I am going to go put those monkeys to bed.

1 comment:

Karlene said...

Sandra, I didn't know you'd been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondolitis! You never told me that. I thought it was just RA--"just" is not the right word because RA by itself is horrible, but with AS it's even worse!

I know that 99% of the people reading your post are going to go, "huh?" but I know what AS is because another friend has it. I had no idea you were dealing with that as well. I'm amazed you can do as much as you do! You must be an Amazon Woman.