Tuesday, May 27, 2008

End of school craziness

It's that time of year again- end of school programs. It gets crazy at my house. I only have 4 kids left in school, but my time is spread out over 3 schools and sometimes I can't tell if I am coming or going.
Jake- band concert (he didn't bother to tell me that the traditional time had been changed to 5:30 until I walked in the door from the dr. at 5:00. Needless to say, I sent him to walk the two blocks and I went as soon as I could, I missed all but the last number.)

Ethan- band concert- same night 7:00

Ethan- choir concert

Matt- Band concert-same night but Ethan's teacher did 3 concerts, 6, 7 and 8 pm. I went to the 6 pm concert and made it to the high school for Matt's concert with 15 minutes to spare.

Matt- Jazz Band concert (the concert that went on and on and on...)

Brandi- dance festival- during my work hours, so her dad is using my video recorder to tape it for me. I am kinda glad. If there is one assembly that I just hate, it is this one, sitting outside on the hillside on the grass watching a bunch of k-6 kids line dancing for 2 hrs to really lame songs with even more lame choreography.

Over the next couple of days I will post some video of the different concerts. Just a couple of the better performances.

2 comments:

G. Parker said...

I realized the stupidity of my question when I saw your tribute...sigh. I hoped you'd forgive me...grin. How did they manage to get in the SAME unit??? Are they the same age and sign up at the same time??? wow.

Sandra said...

Not the same age- they graduated from MCRD 3 1/2 years apart. Since they are both reserves and based out of here, they were put in the same company, but Trevor is not in Donovan's fire team- too hard for a brother to be the officer over a brother, so same company/unit but different teams.