Monday, June 30, 2008

Get out and vote

I need a haircut. I know, I just got it cut a week ago for my niece's wedding. And I guess it looks cute, but I don't like it. I am not a hair and make-up person. Don't get me wrong, I like looking nice, but if it takes me longer than 10 minutes, hair and make-up total, then that is way too long. Or else I had better be headed somewhere special. This new cut takes me 20 minutes to make it look half way presentable. I have things to do- like get online and read your blog.

Have you seen those women that look like they just stepped out of a salon or fashion magazine? Even when it is 100* outside and they have been out in it for hours? I don't get it. I get ready, look in the mirror and I look smashing. Then I step outside. Ya, you got it, I start melting and wilting all over the place and within 5 minutes I look like I have been wrung through the wringer. I guess that gene just passed me by.

What I really need is a personal assistant/make-up artist/hair stylist to follow me around and make sure I always look picture perfect.

Here are a couple of styles that I like and am thinking maybe I'll try. In the spirit of the upcoming holiday and the fact that we have the freedom to vote, which of these styles do you think I should get?



1.
2.


3 4
5



Indeed.

add to kirtsy





11 comments:

ShazBraz said...

I like the first one. The flippy-out styles are quicker than the really super sleek ones to achieve and easier to maintain throughout the day, and they don't have to be perfect. Those sleek bobs have to be perfect or it shows, and I've found that they aren't so forgiving when they start to grow out. (All this is assuming that you have my same super thick, heavy, no natural body type hair). Also, having that hair on your face might bug you now that it's hot outside.

As for makeup, I love bare essentials. It stays on all day; I only have to reapply if I have actually been outside for a long period of time, and sometimes not even then. For eye makeup, I like the Revlon colorstay eye shadow and I get it for super cheap when it goes on sale (with a coupon, of course).

tawnya said...

I vote one as well.

And I'm hooked on Bare Essentials, too. Love it, love, love, love it.

Sandra said...

I fell in love with Arbon, but my bank account did not- so..

Who carries Bare Essentials and are there coupons for it as well. I never buy makeup without one anymore.

Anonymous said...

I like #'s 1, 2, and 4. #1 being probably the most sensible for hot weather. Good luck. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say #2 without it over your eyes. Mom

Sandra said...

Woops, I also meant to add a comment to #2 saying no bangs in the eyes. First, doesn't work with glasses, second, I can't stand it in my eyes

lindsey said...

I like 2 the best!

tawnya said...

I used to buy BE at Sephora, but I understand Utah is deprived of one. You can get it at sephora.com. Sharon & I get it at the place that cuts our hair. It's $25 / container, but it lasts forever.

Karlene said...

I like #1 or #5. #1 looks really fun.

If you find coupons for Bare Essentials, let me know. McKenna keeps saying she's going to get some with her Make-up license but keeps forgetting to. :p

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I like the first one by far.

I'm not a hair person at all, but just had mine cut and it looks awful. As in, people have even commented it looks that bad.

I'm going to have to chop it even shorter to "fix" it. Bleh.

I might you with the look in the first picture too. Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

I've had all of those at one point or another. Of course my hair is thick & naturally curly, soooo....AND I do have my hairstylist actually living in my house,:) so I guess my opinion isn't fair. I just sit down & she does whatever she wants to me. Loretta