Monday, June 2, 2008

Research question

I have been tagged twice in the last week. I'll get to those posts later this week, but today I have a question for all of you. Here is the background info whether you want it or not. I told you that I have RA and Ankylosing Spodalitis. Some days you would not even know and some days I can barely move. Lately I have been having a problem with my hands and my knees- they just quit working. Which really stinks if I have something breakable in my hands when the joints fail, or if I am walking when the knee gives out. I see the dr. in 2 weeks so I will ask him about that.

My question is about sweeping and mopping products. I have been thinking about getting something like these



I am thinking that they might make it easier to keep the kitchen swept and mopped if I don't have to try and use a dustpan or carry the vaccuum upstairs or carry a mop bucket. Do any of you have any experience with any of these types of products and if so, how well do they work and are they worth my money? Is there something that works better? What do you think?


6 comments:

tawnya said...

I have this: http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-166DX-Lightweight-Bagless-Upright/dp/B000FFUQZO/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1212446199&sr=1-9

and I love it. I use it for our hard wood floors inbetween moppings and on our stairs. It's the best $20 I've ever spent!

Also, can you do yoga? Would that even help? I know it helps my fibro (not the same, I know!) tremendously.

ShazBraz said...

tawnya, that link isn't working.

Sandra said...

Tawnya, I do do yoga- it is one of my favorite forms of exercise. The problem comes when it is the ankalosing that is acting up. It shows up in the tailbone and the spine most of all and so the bending is most painful. The weather makes a big difference as well. When that storm was coming in last night, I could barely move at all and the pain was bad enough to make me cry. But, I was able to make it to curves this morning for a workout.

tawnya said...

How about this one?

http://www.eureka.com/products/lightweight/166dx/166dx.jsp

It's the yellow eureka boss mini or lite or something. Small. Cute.

ShazBraz said...

I should totally get something like that for my kitchen. I feel like I'm forever lugging my vacuum up and down my stairs.

Anna Maria Junus said...

I quit my mop and bucket several years ago.

Get the Swiffer or Mr. Clean mops. Yes they're pricier, but it's way easier to do your floors. No heavy lifting and you don't end up washing your floors with dirty water and a smelly mop.