Wednesday, July 30, 2008

300!

Hm, reading over your responses to the quiz is very interesting. When I was making the quiz, I was sure that the label that I used the most would be book review, I was very surprised when it was contest. So, here are the answers to the quiz:

1.Blog "The Dance" was started in June 2007 so I would have a place to do book reviews and so I could keep my Urban Botanic posts seperate from private life.

2.Contests is the label I use the most. Surprised even me.

3. Funky Frum, Urban Botanic and Modern Shape.Net are the companies listed in my shopping section.

4. I quit at the Jr. High the end of May and will be going to the High School starting next week. (info in my profile section)

5. Christmas is my favorite holiday. Most of you picked 4th of July and that is my 2nd most favorite.

6. I absolutely HATE shopping. It's that whole having to put shoes on, get in the car, drive there, look for a bathroom and hope it is clean, find something that I can actually afford, find the bathroom again, schlep everything home, find a place for it, balance the checkbook. I just hate it all.

7.Favorite author- David G. Woolley. He only has 3 books out, 4th one coming the end of Sept. but I fell in love with his writing by page 5 of his first novel. There is just something about the way he writes that speaks to my soul. Plus he has a sense of humor close to mine and his blog always brings a smile to my face if not an outright laugh out loud response.

8. I won an iPod in the second chance drawing, but I also won the big screen t.v. and the mountain bike in other drawings. It seems that I win something big every 2 years or so. Next I am going to enter to win a house.

9.October is Marching Band competition month and I wouldn't be anywhere else.

10. Most of you picked my little red sports car as the answer to this question. I loved that car, I really did and was sad when Donovan totaled it so I got another one and was sad when I had to trade it in, but I do love the Durango, it is just not as sweet. But the real answer to this question, and I am surprised that Sharon did not get it right because it is a gift she gave to me- it is the photo album she made for me with all of Mom's extra pictures of my kids. It still brings tears to my eyes when I think of the time she took to do that for me.

All of these answers were somewhere in this blog, past posts, sidebar somewhere. But this was mostly about having fun and I don't care if you got 0% or 100% or somewhere inbetween. Hey, even my kids got some questions wrong.

But, what you are all waiting for is the giveaway so here it is:

Your choice of an Urban Botanic Home 3 oil collection or a gift card to Target.

To enter, just leave a comment with your favorite memory. It can be a memory of something we did together or, since some of you are new to the blog or we don't know each other in person, any memory that is your favorite.

Contest will end Aug. 1, 2008 6:00 a.m. Mountian time.



Indeed.

add to kirtsy

15 comments:

Jeri said...

I still laugh at the memory of that Blogger babes UB get together at Karlene's. Specifically the "conversation."

I quote from Shellie's blog, "Happy Valley alert! I would never have thought it, but the Beautiful Bodacious Babbling Blogging Babes is a cover up for a group of huffers. Just listen to what I overheard at their last gathering....
It started out just by letting the little LDS guard down a notch..."I need some coffee"
Then they moved on to more hard core stuff... "I want to sniff that!" " I'm getting a sniffer's high" These were all a bunch of married Mormon ladies with kids mind you..."I think I'm getting a headache." "Yeah, I think you're going to get a big hangover" Did I mention there were babies present? In front of babies! It gets worse! "Did you get naked yet?"

Now THAT was a memory.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

My favourite memory is of you saying you would send me some lotion if I liked, and me being all incredulous and you being all, no, seriously.

It's my favourite because I'm selfish and greedy and like getting stuff in the mail. =P

ShazBraz said...

Aw...Sandra! I had no idea! I'm glad you still like that book. And the first comment above made me laugh out loud.

This is definitely not a favorite memory, but I'm putting it because of how odd it is...I remember being in the car visiting relatives (I think?) and us all getting out of the back seat and mom saying to someone that you could make any baby stop crying. Isn't that a weird thing to remember? I don't know where we were or whose baby would have been being discussed, but I can see that exact moment in my head as if it were a photograph.

Ok, maybe I'm just nuts.

Karlene said...

How do I pick a favorite?? Let's just say it was the years you and I worked together. Wish we still did. :)

Unknown said...

sandra ~
oh, i am so with you on that. i soooo hate shopping, too :)

tawnya said...

Reading that one book everynight together - what was it? The one with the cat that was a fireman? Oh, man. I can't remember at all!

Sandra said...

This one Tawnya?http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Fire-Cat/Esther-Averill/e/9780064440387/

Sandra said...

Sharon, I remember Mom saying that. And you know what is weird? It is true with the exception of Hunter if Donovan or Kristina is around- I don't exsist. makes a grandma sad.

Tawnya, did you know I cried when I left for college because I couldn't read to my little sweat pea every night? So I guess you have me to thank for your love of books? ;)

tawnya said...

I don't know. This one was a chapter book. It had a bright yellow cover. Man. It's going to bug me!

Sandra said...

Well, I am taking Brandi to the library this morning, I guess I will be in the children's section looking for cats in firehats!

ShazBraz said...

Ok, Sandra...did someone get their fingers shut in the car door at that same time, or am I combining memories?

Sandra said...

I think you might be combining memories. I am thinking it was probably Sally Jo's kids Mom was talking about, since I was with them so often. I also remember getting my fingers shut in the door- but not sure if that is the memory you are having or if you are remembering someone else's fingers.

Anonymous said...

I just remember having to share a room with all us girls when we were younger, giggling into the night. I also remember going to early morning seminary together & driving to our summer jobs together, you at Kmart & me at Baskin Robbins. When it was your turn to drive, I had to get us out of the parking lot & across the 4 lane highway because you were too scared to. I would get us across, then pull over & switch you places so you could take your turn driving. I was just telling my kids about that the other day. Loretta

Sandra said...

Tawnya, How about this one?
http://www.amazon.com/Jenny-Cat-Club-Collection-Childrens/dp/1590170474

Loretta, I remember driving together. I wonder what it was about that highway that made me so nervous? I remember that I used to have panic attacks when I had to drive, but haven't had one for about 7 years now (well except for that one I had in the spaghetti bowl in SLC last month, but we won't mention it)

tawnya said...

Oooooh. I think that's it. I wonder if Mom & Dad still have that book somewhere?