Sunday, August 31, 2008

Even Soldiers have birthdays

Its Trevor's 19th birthday today. I always thought this day would be celebrated getting ready for mission. Well, I guess we are- sorta. This mission will be served for his country in the war torn country of Iraq. My neighbor, who is a Marine staff seargent tells me that this particular unit, who have been in Iraq many times, spends most of their time builing up what has been torn down. He also tells me that they spend a majority of their time teaching the gospel.


When he leaves this shirt will have an addition to it. This week I will sew his Lance Corporal chevrons on (after I take them off of Donovan's shirt in order to sew his Corporal chevrons)



I am not sewing the chevrons on this coat, however. It takes me 4 hrs per sleeve. I'll pay someone to do it for me.

When he comes home next year, he will no longer be a teenager and a boy, but a man with many experiences behind him- some of which I am sure I will not want to know about.

But today we'll blow out the candles and eat the cake and forget that those things wait. Today he is my boy, my child, my son, My stripling warrior.

Happy birthday Trevor.








Indeed.

add to kirtsy

1 comment:

Karlene said...

Geez, would these kids just STOP growing up?!? Happy Bday, Trevor.