Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Party time

There are 7 children in my family of origin. We take turns hosting the yearly family get-together. This year it was Tawnya's turn. We were going to head to a park and hang out all day and play and have fun. It was raining. Actually, for most of the drive from my house to hers it was a torrential downpour. The wipers could barely keep the windshield clear. It wasn't raining when we got to Logan, but it had been and it was still cloudy. So we all gathered at Tawnya's house instead. While there we played, ate, hung out and had fun. Next year is Dustin's turn. He lives in Australia. Lucky for the budget, he and Cindy are coming here to visit and can host it while here.

Here are a few pictures of the fun. When Jessica saw me using my camera, she took it away and handed me hers saying "If you want me to edit them, use mine". So these are SOC* from my camera and when she edits those I took with hers, I will post some of them as well.

*straight out of the camera


Tawnya and Sammy. He is so tired. We were so noisy, he couldn't take a nap. Sorry Sammy.


Dawna, my older sister. Her daughter is the one that got married this summer.

My wonderful little younger brother, Everett, and his beautiful daughter, Brittnay

Loretta and her daughter, Drew-Ann. Usually it is Loretta that is making a face or talking, so I thought I would give her a break and post Drew doing it instead. (pic of Loretta making a face on my facebook, though) Loretta's oldest son is getting married in Nov. so we spent time "shopping" for wedding clothes on the internet.

Wynn, Loretta's husband, Drew, Gary, also Loretta's child, Everett and Loretta

Sharon brought her Wii over and the kids were playing it. Her daughter, Sage, was playing golf with them but she left part way through. Somehow they convinced me to take her place. Now, Sage is left handed, I am not. I also have never played a Wii before and also never golfed, unless you count the course with the cute little windmill. So here is my story- Sage won. Her score was the largest and large numbers in sports= winning. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I don't care what the neices and nephews say.



Indeed.

add to kirtsy

2 comments:

Karlene said...

Got my Wii yesterday. Set it up. Played. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Looks like a fab time!