Sunday, September 14, 2008

I Stand All Amazed

We had an amazing stake conference last week and I intended to blog about lessons learned, prayers answered, thoughts and feelings. I am finding that a hard thing to do. Most of what I want to say is best said face to face and heart to heart. I will still work on it and share some of the less personally sacred parts here with you.

In the meantime, this is what touched my soul today at church. Lately I feel a stretching, almost a newness to my understanding. Things that I knew and understood before seem as if I am seeing, hearing and understanding on a new and different level. The sacrament hymns have always been my favorite hymns, but each week I am humbled anew by my deficits and the love of my Savior extended to me.

Today it was this hymn that had the tears streaming and me feeling unworthy and ungracious. So rebellious and proud.




I will revisit this hymn at a later date and spend some time on the words and their meanings as I usually do, but today I just want the Spirit to dwell and hope that it touches you. I will leave you with my testimony that I know that the Savior lives. That He loves me. That He willingly gave His life to atone for my willful disobedience, for my inadequacies, my sadness , my pain and anguish, the mistakes that I have no idea or ability how to rectify. And I am thankful.

I Stand All Amazed
lyrics by Charles H. Gabriel


I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.


Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!


I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.


Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!


I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love, and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.


Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!








Indeed.

add to kirtsy

No comments: