Friday, September 12, 2008

Moods

Let me just say to start off, I am not in a good mood. Remember that really super good day I had earlier? Today was the opposite. It was just a frustrating day with computer programs not working right at the school and a couple of snotty students, but then I got home and it went downhill fast until I was in a "don't talk to me or I'll bite your head off" mood.

And I haven't been able to read as much as I would like- I'm only on Chapter 7, pg. 65 for Pete's sake! Are you kidding me? I have had this book for 4 days now. I should be done already. Not improving my mood. And I'm tired. I should go to bed, but I need to finish up the laundry because I won't be able to do it tomorrow.

I need to print some things for the festival tomorrow, but my internet wasn't working till a couple of minutes ago. It rained last week and it has been sort of off and on for the last couple of days. Then today, it just quit and the service provider said that maybe if he thought about it he would work on it tomorrow evening. My guess is that he changed or fixed someone else's on the network and whenever he does that, it ALWAYS messes up mine. Always. Without fail. And I have to call him and tell him. Why doesn't he just fix theirs, check mine, fix it and then I don't have to ever know? I finally just reconfigured my set up as if it was brand new.

And I have 3 Urban Botanic orders that need to be delivered- yesterday already- and a party that I need to close but it is too late to call the hostess and I hope I have everything I need for the Heritage Festival tomorrow and the kids lost some of the corner pieces to the gazebo frame and it is 9:00 and I wanted to have the Suburban loaded by 5 and Ethan put my white tablecloth in with my black apron and that with the towels so there is lint all over the apron and....

I guess I better just drink a glass of water and breathe. Ok, Trevor just found the pieces, the gazebo is in the Suburban, the table cloth looks fine, I have a lint roller, I ate some cantaloupe, drank some water and put the last load of clothes in the dryer and Jess said she would do the rest of it tomorrow.

I feel better already. Thanks.



Indeed.

add to kirtsy

9 comments:

David G. Woolley said...

That is sooooo funny. Drink some water and breath.

How about drink some water, take a breath and then read? Already? Only chapter seven. No worries. Sometimes it better to let a story linger for a while.

Good luck with your festival.

Dave Woolley

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was the cantalope with the water this time. Love Mom

Sandra said...

You know, Mom, cantalope can always cure me of a bad mood. I have never been able to get it to grow in this clay, though.

David- I did read. 2 chapters even. And another one early this morning. And tomorrow is Sunday so after church there is a long stretch to read.

How did your presentation go on Th.?

Karlene said...

Oh, uhm, the Internet guy fixed mine on Thursday night. So that's probably what messed yours up. Sorry about that. He said that half his radios had gone out and he didn't know why.

Hope the Festival goes well. Wish I were helping you but I'll be in Sandy.

tawnya said...

Cantelope cures nothing, but makes everything worse! I swear it's true & I won't rest until everyone is with me!

Sandra said...

Well, Tawnya, at the family party Wynn and I were saying how it is the best of all. So that is one sister and one brother in law that are going to make it pretty hard for you to rest. We would have both been happy if that is all that had been there. He was telling me about some great fruit stand to get some at. Next party, all cantalope.

David G. Woolley said...

I followed KSL news anchor Bruce Lindsey. He was reading some snippets froms his new very short book called GOOD NEWS or something like that. That man can make the ingredients on a ketchup lable sound great.

It went very well. I apologized to all the bookstore managers that it had been such a long time since volume three was released and then I told them I'd gone undercover to ask their employees what they thought of the promised land series. Here were the top three reponses:

#3: Promised What?

#2: Look, I was in kindergarten.

#1: The author is dead.

We talked in some depth about the three top reponses readers have given so far about Day of Remembrance:

#1: It's about time

#2: The book is readable

#3: Three stories, one novel.

I read a short excerpt from the beginning of each of the story lines. And then I ended with something about Volume Five.

All good stuff.

Dave Woolley

tawnya said...

Blargh. I'm pretty sure Sammy's on my side...

Sandra said...

Too bad Sammy's on your side. I was going to e-mail Wynn and tell him to take some to Sammy next time he went by your house. I'll just have to bring some next time I come up. Aunt Sandra will sneak it to him until he loves it and asks for it over and over and over... ;)