Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Movie break

I needed a break the other night, so I watched a movie. I really should have cleaned the bathroom sink or mucked some more junk off of my desk, but I didn't. I had a movie that has been hanging around for about a month just waiting for me to watch it. So on Saturday night I gave in and indulged. And I am glad I did.

I had never seen this movie. I don't even remember hearing about it. It was released in 2000 and I mostly paid attention to Disney releases back then, so maybe that explains it. I was ordering a book online and saw this movie, it intrigued me so I added it to my cart.

Do you ever think about time travel? And if you do, do you ever think about what you would do if you could go back. Have you ever thought about how that would change so much- not just in your life, but the lives of everyone around you? And if you could know the changes before hand, do you think you would still make them?

From the back of the movie case:

"All his life, police officer John Sullivan has been haunted by one tragic event. When a once-in-a-lifetime phenomenon of nature opens a mysterious channel to the past, John is stunned to discover that he is able to communicate with his dad, Frank.... who's been dead for 30 years. But by changing the past, they set in motion a string of brutal, unsolved murders, with John's mother-and Frank's wife- the next victim. Racing against time, the son and father must now find a way to stop the crime that could destroy the future for both of them."

Here is the original trailor for this movie,

Frequency



A great suspense movie. I think it is going to become one of my new favorites.



Indeed.

add to kirtsy

9 comments:

ShazBraz said...

Jacob LOVES this movie. Glad you were able to have a night off.

loretta said...

Yep, we saw it. We all loved it.

tawnya said...

Isaac loves it as well. He watches it everytime it comes on tv...

tawnya said...

Oh, and I read while he watches so I can stare at Jim Cavezel...(is that how you spell his name?)

Anonymous said...

What is the name, and when was it made ? Love Mom

David G. Woolley said...

Finally. Someone else picks my movie. It came out in 1995-ish. I think. It has been in my top five since the first time I saw it. Sometimes it rotates to #1. But always in the top five. Right now, after watching the clip it is #1.

tawnya said...

Mom - it's called Frequency and it came out right after Isaac & I got married...I'm not sure of the date.

Sandra said...

It came out in 2000.

ali cross said...

I remember the trailer, now that I see it, and it's out type of movie, but for some reason we never saw it. I'm gonna go rent it now after all these great recommendations!

Thanks Sandra!