Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Authorpalooza!

Tuesday evening, Karlene and I went to Authorpalooza. Lots of fun. But I did notice that 3 years is too long to not work in the publishing business. I am so far behind in reading the new stuff, keeping track of new authors, what each publisher is doing and all that kind of stuff. But it was fun anyway.

I ended up with 4 books. 1 Christmas story book, 2 that I had never heard of either the book or the author before and 1 book I have wanted to read for a couple of years. I was able to have all but the last one signed, and that is just because the author wasn't there and I picked the book up off the shelf. I am half way through that one, (My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison) and am loving it.

While I was having a discussion with Emily Wing Smith about her book that she was signing for me, James Dashner came over. He wanted a picture of Emily but only had his phone and that was not working. Lucky him! I carry a small camera in my purse just for such occasions. Rescuing some of my favorite authors when their phone cameras don't work.

We chatted a bit, he did remember me from some of my comments on his blog and I took the picture and told him to drop by and take it from my blog. So, this is for you James.


And I realized later that this is the only picture I took Tuesday night. No picture with J. Scott Savage and the cool artwork for his new book. Nathan Hale, who signed the Christmas story book for me, and drew a stegasaurus on above his signature, right there on the spot!

I could go on listing others that I didn't get pictures of, but were there, but I will leave someone out. Besides, I have a headache that is trying to become a migrain so I am going to stop here and go rest.






Indeed.

add to kirtsy

2 comments:

Karlene said...

It was lots of fun. I made a list of about 20 books I want to get, but my budget was overextended so I couldn't get any last night. :(

Cami said...

Hope you get feeling better...I've only experienced a migrain once...after I had my third child. I don't ever want to have another. Sounds like you had a fun time at Authorpalooza.... :)