Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A random post

You know what is more fun than getting a letter from your missionary son? Opening your e-mail and finding a message from him.

We got a letter from Matt on Saturday and then yesterday there was an e-mail from him. I have posted both his letter and his e-mail over on his mission blog.

I had a job interview yesterday for an internship next year. I felt good going in, but as the interview continued I felt more and more inadequate. I hate those kinds of interviews.

I have another interview tomorrow for the position I really, really want for next year. So, agian, if you feel like praying for me, I would appreciate it.

I got the garden planted Saturday. With all this rain I haven't had to do much watering. I need to finish weeding the front flower bed and removing some flowers that have started to overtake the flower bed. Then I need to visit Lindon Nursery to get some more stuff for the front.

The kitties are eating solid foods nowYay! They each weigh 1.5 pounds so they have gained a pound in the last 2 1/2 weeks.  I wasn't going to name them but we had to call them something besides the black one, the fat white one, the runt. So they all have names now-
Seal- because she has seal point markings,
 Jack- because when we first started feeding them he only had one eye open and Jess though he looked like a one eyed jack
Baby- because she is the smallest of them all. She refuses to touch the solid food, so we are cutting back her bottles so she wil be hungry enough to eat.
Marley- after Bob Marley he is the runt of the litter and when we first started feeding them he would not eat and we had to force the formula down his throat with a syringe. He has a big head and lots of unruly messy fur. He is mellow and always looks stoned, so Jess started calling him Bob Marley (I think he reminds me of Maynard G. Krebs) anyway, we shortened his name to Marley. He was the first to start eating solids and is gaining the fastest.

I really don't want to go to work this morning. I hate the last two weeks of school and all the drama of kids that have waited all year to do anything. And I am really hating the office drama that is taking over right now. Yuck.





Indeed. add to kirtsy

1 comment:

Anna Maria Junus said...

I grew up with kittens. Whenever a new batch came along we would name them all, knowing of course that they would most likely be renamed by their new owners.

One year we used the Archie gang. So we had Archie, Reggie, Jughead, Betty and Veronica.

Another year it was just after Roots. We had Kunta Kinte, and Kizzy and Chicken George.

Memories I need to record for my family history.