Monday, November 29, 2010

Um, ok???

I know I haven't posted for awhile and it should be a What's for Dinner? post, or a "Its Karlene's birthday and I need to tell you all the wonderful awesome things about her" post, or even a final post about the gingerbread contest (get working on those entries), but no. I am going to tell you what happened to me in the store today.

Now, I am going to remind you that I lost almost 20 pounds this summer. I don't remind you of this in order to be vain or ask for kuddos, but because it is important to my feelings and to what happened today. (oh, and the sweater I was wearing today? the tag says XS. Weird because I still should not be able to get into that size, and I think the sweater should fit a bit more slouchy than it does, but it looks good non the less)

So, story:

I was in the store picking up some thermal garments for Matthew. He wanted some Hot Chilis or Under Armour, but Donovan says these are warmer and better so I stopped by the Dristibution Center to pick some up. While I was at the checkout counter paying for them, a sweet little lady, that works in the store, a bit older, a lot rounder, came up to me and asked me, "Excuse me, sister. What size dress do you normally wear?"  I am sure I looked puzzled, but I answered her to which she replied,

"Oh, that won't do at all. I thought you might could help. You see, there is a sister in the back buying some clothes for her daughter that is getting married Saturday and she is quite far away. She needs to get an endowment dress (the dress we wear in our temples during our sacred cerimonies) for her daughter."

I kind of laughed and said, "I am sure her daughter is quite a bit skinnier than I am."

To which she said, "Oh no, she is rather on the larger size and I thought you were about that size and could help us."

Then she wandered off muttering that she just didn't know what she was going to do.

I have no idea how I was supposed to respond to that. Sorry I lost weight? I'll run next door and get some ice cream?

I just know that she is going to get home and suddenly realize what she said. I just hope she doesn't feel bad about it and know that we have had a good laugh about it here all night.

On that note,

Karlene, I hope you had a happy birthday and I will bring your present by later this week.






Indeed. add to kirtsy

1 comment:

Karlene said...

Once, after I'd lost some considerable weight, some man asked me when my baby was due. I told him I wasn't pregnant, I had a tumor.

Later, I felt guilty about that—but apparently, no guilty enough because I still think it's funny.

And yes, I had a very nice day. Thank you.