Become a Silence Breaker of Domestic Violence!
Every 15 seconds a woman is abused in America. It is the most under-reported phenomenon in our society. When I started the Dr. Phil show years ago, I said we were going to talk about the silent epidemics in this country. And now, I am launching a season-long attack on the domestic violence that is destroying the lives of women and children. I am on a mission to expose how far reaching and extensive this problem is, and I pledge to take action against it. Join me!
Take the following pledge on drphil.com
1. I Will:1Be violence free and never commit, condone or stay silent about an act of violence
2. Report all known and suspected incidents of domestic violence to the National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224 1-800-787-3224
3. Educate myself as well as my friends, family and children about healthy relationships
4. Print and sign this letter drafted by Congresswoman Gwen Moore and send to your Representative
5.Call 911 if I witness domestic violence occurring
6. To respond to or to act upon Dr. Phil’s “Calls to Action”
7. Further my knowledge and understanding of domestic violence by reviewing Warning Signs of an Abusive Relationship and Guidelines for Leaving an Abusive Relationship: An Exit Action Plan
8. Teach my sons to respect women and that strength is not defined by violence or domination
9. Teach my daughters self-esteem and self-worth
10. Support or donate to a women’s group or shelter