Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday thoughts

Today was a different kind of day. A couple of my kids are sick with some sort of stomach bug and stayed home from church. When I left for church I had a nagging headache but thought it was just because I didn't sleep well last night. 

Wrong.

Before church was half way over my head was pounding and before the last speaker I knew it was my turn for the stomach bug and went home as soon as the closing prayer was over.

But inbetween leaving for church and coming home I had a couple of thoughts for poems start brewing. I wrote them down when I sat in the pew, intending to flesh them out when I got home. When I got home I went to bed.

And I am just hoping that the dishes got done after everyone ate because I hate getting up to a sink full of dishes.

On that note, I am going to give you the bare bones beginning of one of the poems:

The Tantrum

She folds her arms, stamps her foot and says
No! I won't!
as she fixes me with a haughty stare of defiance
And I, resigned, sigh and say
OK, have it your wayh
But I think,
Why can't you see how much better for you
my way would be?

And then I think of all the times
I have folded my arms, stamped my feet
and in defience said
No, Lord, I won't
And He, in patience, sighs and says
Ok, my child. Do it your way
But when you are ready
Come to me and together we will do it my way


And tomorrow begins a week long giveaway on Karelene's blog. If you like books you are going to want to check it out because books are going to be featured prominantly in this bloggy palozza of Karlene's favorite things.









Indeed. add to kirtsy

No comments: