Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 9

Day 9
Something You Are Proud of in the Last Few Days

Pride is something that I struggle with because it is something we are not supposed to have. But I also believe that having pride in accomplishing something hard is ok so long as we don't get carried away with how wonderful we are. So that leaves me with today's topic, and a dilemma of what to post because for the last week I have been mostly laying around eating grapes and bon-bons while being fanned with palm leaves while I order the servants around.

Well not the grapes and bon-bons and fans but I have been just laying on the bed and giving direction to the kids. The doctor let me do a bit of walking starting yesterday. After doing nothing for 5 days what little bit I did yesteday was exhausting and after running a few errands today (getting my work schedule and uniform) I am plum tuckered out.

So not much in my recent activities to be proud of unless you count sleeping through the night without a pain pill something to be proud of.

But I am proud of my children. Jess got up early and drove me to the hospital and then waited through my surgery, took instructions from the nurse about my care and then brought me home. She answered the door and the phone and let me sleep. She checked with me before she let anyone come see me. She dished up the dinners that were so lovingly brought to us. She got up early the next couple of days and made breakfast for me and didn't get mad the time I asked her to re-do it. She did dishes and then she did them again. And again. (welcome to my life sweetie) And she picked up our Bountiful Baskets and went to the grocery store for me. And did the laundry. Oh and did the dishes.

The boys mowed the lawn and I only had to ask twice. They also took their turn at getting me breakfast or lunch. And doing the dishes. And sweeping and mopping. And taking my library books back.

And Brandi made sure that she played outside or at a friend's hous and brought me towels and water and juice and other things.

So while my house is not as clean as I would like to have seen it when I got up this morning, it wasn't a disaster either. And while they didn't do all the chores I asked them to do, they did most of them and we are all alive and well and healthy and I am proud of the people my children are becoming.




Indeed.

No comments: