Thursday, January 1, 2009

Check, check and check

Things to do in 2009

  • Send Donovan and Trevor overseas for a year long "desert vacation" Hey, they get great looking clothes and lots of accessories and Trevor gets to drive a cool vehicle. Sounds fun, huh?
  • Complete 8 more classes for my masters degree
  • Greet my new granddaughter
  • Finish my granddaughter's quilts and booties before she gets here
  • Shop for my grandkids
  • Spoil my grandkids
  • Have a Grandma day at least once a month
  • Find my desk in my office and not lose it again
  • Read David G. Woolley's new book and if I'm lucky it'll be autographed
  • Build my Urban Botanic business even more
  • Join ward choir (this is the scariest one of all, but I promised Kathryn).
  • Read the Book of Mormon through again
  • Study the Sunday School lesson before going to church even when I am not teaching
  • Learn to be more healthy (it would be nice if I could get rid of most of these meds- especially the one that makes me itch)
  • Decorate excessively for Christmas even though I say I won't
  • Try and go to New Mexico for Christmas
  • Attend weddings for my nephew and niece
  • Build this for my "laundry room"
  • Find curtains for the basement, even if I have to make them
  • Finish the fairy garden with Brandi (shop for most of it at Linden Nursery. I love this place. Remind me to tell you why)
  • Go the Matthew's high school graduation
  • Send Matthew to college
  • Learn to change the oil in my car- all the boys are leaving and I don't want to start paying for it
  • Family Party
  • Visit with Dustin and Cindy
  • Take pictures with my family of origin
  • Welcome Donovan and Trevor home- I'll have to go to California for this, but maybe I can squeeze a trip to Disneyland or San Diego in at the same time

There are things I want to put on that list, but I am afraid that if I do the Lord will take me seriously and give the opportunity to do/learn, so instead I'll put them on my maybe list

  • learn to be happy (well, this one has been mentioned in the last 3 blessings I have recieved so it is probably already on the other list)
  • learn to be less critical and more accepting of others
  • be more positive
  • Learn to rely on the Lord more- really scary because that means letting go of trying to control everything myself and last time I said this it was not fun and took me a long time
  • Learn to tear down the wall that is around my heart because the problem with walls is that they don't let others in and it gets lonely

"The grand and the simple. They are equally wonderful. We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are.” ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~



Indeed.

add to kirtsy

5 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Oh, boy, do I hear you on that giving-up-control thing. It's so hard to believe that things will actually be okay if I'm not there making sure they're okay. If you get that one figured out, clue me in on how you did it, so I can do it too!

Jan said...

Wow. What a list of things. You have such a great outlook on life though. I know you will pull it all off. Have a great year.

Karlene said...

Wow! What a list. Makes me tired just reading it. But knowing you, you'll be done with most of it by June.

My list for 2009? Survive.

Anonymous said...

Sandra,

Bless you for the kind remark about Linden Nursery.

I work there...I practially live there, seeing as how it's my family's business.

Yeah for a happy shopping experience.

Sandra said...

Noelle,
My son's (not) girlfriend just told me that her brother works for you- Ryan W.