Sunday, May 17, 2009

Matthew 5:14-16

Seminary graduation is over.

Who are these children, nay, Men and Women? I see these children every single day at school. I check their grades, their attendance. I hurry them to class. I scold them and lecture them. I laugh with them and joke around with them. Some of them I taught in Primary and some of them I taught in Nursery.

But tonight, sitting in the chapel with the Spirit radiating from them, I saw, not the giggling girls, the smart alec boys on the back row, but Sons and Daughters of God. And they touched my heart. A heart that swelled with love for these my brothers and sisters, grown into their spirit. A spirit that far surpasses anything I could have ever hoped for them. And I love them all over again.

And just a side note, as Matthew was conducting, Brandi leaned over and said- He is just like a Bishop. I hope someday he is my bishop.

2008-2009 Seminary Theme

Matthew 5:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.



Indeed.

add to kirtsy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

would you be so kind as to email me your email address? I want to send you something and get your perspective on it. Thanks!

Cami said...

Fun but exhausting weekend. You too? :)

Sandra said...

Yes!! I managed to stretch those cake bites out until tonight. I am glad I don't live in Provo or I would be so fat from eating them!! Thank you.

I am going to do a book review on The Road as soon as I get the time. Probably this week.

And a book list. ;)

Cami said...

Good deal.I TOLD you they are scrumpdelicious, didn't I? :) They are my favorite! That place has actually been on the Rachel Ray show several times.....it's a neat little place......:) P.S. I really hate the little word verifications at the end of these comment sections, don't you? Sigh.

Sandra said...

Cami, I hate them too, but I was getting a lot of spam comments so I added the verification to stop them.

And when I went to the website for the sweettoothfairy, I remembered that I had seen it on Rachel Ray one time.