Sunday, May 17, 2009

Time flies

I had my day pretty much planned out. You know where this is going, don't you?

I didn't get my last load of laundry in the washer until 12:30 this morning. I hate when my days go like that. But the garden is in and Brandi's hair is done and the house sorta Sunday ready, so if I threw the clothes in the dryer this morning then everything would be fine. Right?

I woke up at about 9:05 when I heard the a family from the other ward rushing into the church building (which borders my backyard). No one else was up yet. Crum, not enough time to get something in the crockpot, breakfast, showers, hair and makeup done and be on time. I had to change the dinner plans.

Everyone else made it on time and I walked in just after the opening prayer. But Matt informed me just before he walked out of the house that he had to be at the stake center by 4:30 this afternoon. Why? I asked. He has been on the youth council so I assumed it was another meeting. I assumed wrong. Seminary graduation is today at 6. Really? Today? and he is conducting.

His high school graduation is in 2 weeks. Where has the time gone? 18 years has not been enough time to spend with him. And now I had better go or I will be late for yet something else today.



Indeed.

add to kirtsy

No comments: